[DCRM-L] Statement of extent

Ted P Gemberling tgemberl at uab.edu
Sat Aug 18 12:12:07 MDT 2012

Erin,
After I sent that message, I thought of one objection. “3 v.” doesn’t include any inaccuracy, whereas in the example you gave, “766 p.” might give one an inaccurate impression of extent, since someone might read it as saying there are 766 p. in one sequence. Actually, I just noticed that DCRM(b) 5B6.6 does allow you to put 766 p. “in various pagings” and then spell them out in detail in a note “if considered important.” So I wonder if maybe not enough rare book catalogers are using that option.
Ted