[DCRM-L] Printer's inspection tickets

Cawelti, Andrea cawelti at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 6 13:45:51 MDT 2012

Greetings, O Font of Rare Wisdom:

I've been cataloging Czech and Soviet scores from the 1940-50s this week, and have been finding little laid-in tickets which appear to be inspection tickets of the same kind one sees in clothing purchases, along the lines of This score has been inspected by Control No. 11 and is without flaws.  My question is, does anyone know of an official name for these little chits, and is there any kind of genre term which might cover them?  I've never seen them before so thought I should keep track.
Thoughts, suggestions?
Grateful thanks, andrea

--
Andrea Cawelti