[DCRM-L] Relationship designators

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Wed Jul 25 07:53:58 MDT 2012

Ah, that’s a good point Deborah. Taking all of RDA Appendix I into account, my earlier statement was entirely wrong. There are more RDA relationship designators than there are RBMS relator terms. For a quick comparison this morning, I enclose (below) a table, using the RMBS terms as a starting point. The table notes whether the RDA term is intended for a work, expression, manifestation, or item. I’m also including the RBMS and RDA lists as attachments (and hope this doesn’t break any rules).

It looks like RDA has an equivalent for about 30 of our 75 terms; I’m sure some are more truly equivalent than others. At a quick glance, I think most (if not all) of the RBMS terms not yet in RDA would be valid candidates for inclusion. I could see other (non-DCRM) communities making use of them too.

Francis

RBMS terms

RDA term?

Annotator