[DCRM-L] RDA question

Allison Rich allison_rich at brown.edu
Wed Mar 21 09:30:22 MDT 2012

Hello all:

This email is regarding the inevitable transition to RDA on 31 March 2013.

What is the status of DCRM and RDA?

We are the only library at Brown which uses DCRM and it is becoming
important to know about whether the conventions of spelled out
unnumbered pages, no more bracketing and
the loss of sic are going or not. I'd like to hear from Deborah Leslie
on this if I may and John Attig who have been working on this.

In the past my library has ha a long tradition of being "out of the
loop" with technical and standards issues and I don't want to be in that
situation this time.
So I am curious as to whether our time honored conventions of bracketing
are going to be ripped away from us or whether thos of us who use DCRM
are still wrangling with
the RDA stands committees on this.

Many thanks for your help and feedback,
~Allison Rich

--

"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend,

Allison Rich
Rare Books Cataloguer
John Carter Brown Library
Providence, Rhode Island