[DCRM-L] RDA question

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Mar 21 10:13:52 MDT 2012

Actually, there are two libraries at Brown--or at least one library and one
librarian--that use DCRM. I have inferred, from earlier traffic on dcrm-l,
that dcrm(b) will remain as is for the foreseeable future, and that BSC is
in no mad rush to produce a fully RDA-complaint edition. My Head of
Cataloging (a wise and good person) suggests that I may be producing hybrid
records, with RDA-compliant headings joined to aacr/dcrm description.

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU