[DCRM-L] (no subject)

Jane Stemp Wickenden jane.wickenden at zen.co.uk
Thu May 10 15:46:32 MDT 2012

Deborah,

Just some ideas not being able to hold comparative copies in front of me.

If it were me, and I could definitely establish that the text is otherwise a
match, I would add a note "Variant state of title page with transcription
Armigeri on title page, also some differences in preliminaries". But if I
couldn't establish that it was a complete match, I would create a new record
(is it not possible that it is a later state with the errata corrected into
the text?)

How far into the [10] p. of preliminaries do the differences extend? Is it
possible, for example, that gathers A-C could be described as cancels? (I
can't make out the collation from the record).

I wonder if any of the many other recorded copies have actually the same
version as yours, but have not noticed...

Jane

Jane Wickenden

Historic Collections Library

Institute of Naval Medicine