[DCRM-L] Gathered in 9's?

Rachel D'Agostino rdagostino at librarycompany.org
Thu Nov 29 13:41:42 MST 2012

Hello, Deborah, et al.  As Jim Green mentioned, a few years back I did have a bit of fun figuring out the imposition of a book I had in hand that appeared to be an 18mo in 9s.  I created a pdf, which I attach here.  If you want to try it for yourself, print the first two pages only, in duplex, opening to the left or along the long edge.  Cut on the solid lines, fold on the dotted, and you end up with two copies of Signature A.  There will be two singletons of A5 which can go with either copy.  I have used some dotted notation to indicate which leaves constitute one signature versus the other, so that I could be sure I was replicating how my book appeared (that book being Rufus W. Adams' Young Gentleman and Lady's Explanatory Monitor. Columbus: E. Griswold, Jun., 1818.)  It did work, deckle edges being where I wanted them, etc.

I hope this will be of some interest, if not help.

Best,
Rachel

Rachel A. D'Agostino
Curator of Printed Books
Co-Director, Visual Culture Program
The Library Company of Philadelphia
(215) 546-3181
rdagostino at librarycompany.org<blocked::mailto:rdagostino at librarycompany.org>
www.librarycompany.org<http://www.librarycompany.org/>
VCP at LCP<http://www.librarycompany.org/visualculture/index.htm>

Please consider the environment before printing this mail