[DCRM-L] DPC on manufacture elements - final(?)(!) rule edits, with one example change

Fletcher, Jain jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 9 13:19:53 MDT 2012

Hello, everyone,

   I am attaching what I now believe to be the final version of the publisher/manufacturer rule changes, based on the last few suggestions I received. As I've said before, the reason I am sending an attachment is because it is the only way I can be sure that people will see the formatting and the red font I've used to show new/edited text.  I have only made one example change in the rules, the reason for which I discuss under the last area, labeled "DISCUSSION".

   I would like to put this out for a vote by no later than the end of this week (the very latest timing: Friday, 10/12), so it would be nice if those interested could take a look at the new example along with my discussion, to let me know if it needs further tweaking.  (I hope not!)                                           Thanks so much for your attention, Jain

Jain Fletcher
Principal Cataloger & Head, Cataloging Section
Collection Management Division
Library Special Collections
Young Research Library - UCLA Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
v: (310) 794-4096
f: (310) 206-1864
e: jfletchr at library.ucla.edu<mailto:jfletchr at library.ucla.edu>