[DCRM-L] Relationship designator question

Mon Sep 17 10:03:55 MDT 2012

Item in hand:

24514The sheep-shearing, or, Florizel and Perdita : ǂb a pastoral comedy / ǂc taken from Shakespear ; as it is acted at the Theatre-Royal in Smock-Alley ; the songs set by Mr. Arne.
This edition, however, does NOT have the music. Since Arne is mentioned on the title page, I'd like to give him as an access point, but in such a way that warns people that there is nothing of Arne's contribution in this particular edition.

Do we need a relationship designator that fulfills the general role of "associated name" for a creator? The way "associated name" is scoped, it's appropriate only for provenance. Then there's attributed name, but that's for uncertain or former attributions, neither of which pertain here. It's not exactly a false attribution because Arne did write the music; it's just that the music isn't included here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Deborah

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol St., S.E. | Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu<mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> | 202.675-0369 | http://www.folger.edu<http://www.folger.edu/>