[DCRM-L] FW: RDA label "Early Printed Resources" -- revision proposal

JOHN C ATTIG jxa16 at psu.edu
Thu Apr 4 09:03:02 MDT 2013

You should be aware that the scope of "early printed resources" in RDA was raised by ALA in its responses to drafts of RDA. There was reluctance to broaden the scope to include more recent special collections, and the phrase and its definition were agreed upon.

This does not mean that the JSC would not be willing to reconsider the question, but you should be aware that this was an intentional decision and that the arguments you cite here were made at the time.

John Attig
ALA Representative to the JSC
jxa16 at psu.edu