[DCRM-L] In bookplates subdivision

Margaret F. Nichols mnr1 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 11 09:07:23 MDT 2013

Hello, Will et al.-

To tackle your second question first: we use 7xx $e former owner for the person or organization whose bookplate is on the item.

Not sure about how I'd answer your first question, but I would think that a symbolic image could count as a "representation," seeing as how one can't present an image of World War II in its entirety on a bookplate anyway; and the same is true of an organization (an image of the building it's in really *is* just a symbolic representation of the organization).

Best regards,

Margaret Nichols

Margaret F. Nichols
Rare Materials Cataloging Coordinator