[DCRM-L] Typography question: vv vs. w

Ted P Gemberling tgemberl at uab.edu
Mon Apr 22 12:51:00 MDT 2013

Jain,
Thanks for pointing me to G5. Somehow I missed reading that last week. I think it answers my question since it mentions that "W and w must have been scanty in cases of roman type," so compositors frequently used VV or vv. I believe in this case it makes sense to transcribe as vv unless the letter is clearly a w. See OCLC # 828116011 if you'd like to see what I did.

Thanks again, Ted Gemberling