[DCRM-L] "[the]" versus "[th]e" (but definitely not "ye")

jnelson at law.berkeley.edu jnelson at law.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 21 12:10:14 MDT 2013

Opening another can of worms here - or poking another bear, etc. -
DCRM(MSS) was curious about the instruction to transcribe the Tironian
note with an ampersand and not as [et]. The latter would seem more logical
since the note is standing for [et] and not for &.

What are people's thoughts about this?

Thanks,

Jenny