[DCRM-L] Duplicate preliminary signatures

Tue Aug 27 08:46:40 MDT 2013

Hi Amber,

Are the contents of the first four leaves preliminary in nature?

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol St., S.E. | Washington, D.C. 20003 | djleslie at folger.edu<mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> | 202.675-0369 | http://www.folger.edu<http://www.folger.edu/>

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Garabedian
Sent: Monday, 26 August 2013 11:05
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Duplicate preliminary signatures

Hi, Amber,

On the "index" (i.e., superior, or more commonly, superscript) pi, see also Bowers pp. 215-17 and pp. 219-20.

On rendering superscript pi in programs where it is unavailable, DCRM(B) 7B9.3 recommends the following: "Indicate partial duplications of an alphabet (see Gaskell, p. 331) by using superscript pi and superscript chi or, if superscript letters are not available, by substituting '[superscript pi]' and '[superscript chi].'"

Yours,
Mike G.
--
Mike Garabedian