[DCRM-L] Future publication of DCRMs

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:31:05 MST 2013

Jane,

I like the idea of having them freely available on the RBMS website
for people to download (and print, if they want a print version). Is
there some doubt that this can be done? (I notice the words "we hope"
...).

I would not want them to *only* be available through Cataloger's
Desktop. That would price out a lot of people/institutions. And there
are times when a print version is highly desirable.

If LC will remain the publisher, it would be good to confirm with them
whether they will still be responsible for contracting out the
indexing. And whether they can still do the graphical work to produce
the covers (basing them on the existing DCRM covers). Although the
covers wouldn't display in Cataloger's Desktop, it would be nice to be
able to incorporate them into the versions of the DCRM documents
posted on rbms.info (and I should think it shouldn't be hard to create
these cover images).

-Manon

--
Manon Théroux