[DCRM-L] Cataloging rates for graphics

Tue Jan 22 09:20:13 MST 2013

Thanks, Katie the Librarian!

As far as the cataloging of our objects, we are committed to integration with our other collections, which is why we're interested in creating MARC records, probably according to Cataloging Cultural Objects (the Curator of Art and I haven't yet discussed this and I won't decide on my own.)

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Katie Flanagan
Sent: Monday, 21 January 2013 04:19
To: 'DCRM Revision Group List'
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Cataloging rates for graphics

I was investigating special collections cataloguing statistics in the last couple of weeks, via lis-rarebooks. I wrote my findings up in a blog post, which might be helpful?

http://librariankatie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/special-collections-cataloguing-targets.html

Have you come across SPECTRUM<http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/programmes/spectrum> for recording museum objects? It is apparently used worldwide. I've only done a tiny amount of object cataloguing (as oppose to books) but it always seemed quicker.

Good luck!

Katie

I usually work Mon - Wed each week.
Katie Flanagan BA(Hons) MA MCLIP
Special Collections Librarian
Library
Brunel University
Uxbridge
Middlesex
UB8 3PH
01895 266139 (direct line) or X66139 (internal)
Katie.Flanagan at brunel.ac.uk<mailto:Katie.Flanagan at brunel.ac.uk>
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/library