[DCRM-L] Field 752 - Thank you

Anna Malicka amalicka1 at msn.com
Fri Jul 19 09:03:50 MDT 2013

Thank you very much to all for wonderful replies. I used the current extablished place name from LC Authorities.

Anna Malicka
Buley Library
SCSU

From: tgemberl at uab.edu
To: dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:02:32 +0000
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Field 752

Yes, so while your 260 (or 264) will have Breslau, your 752 will have Poland $d Wrocław (established with the bar on the l). Occasionally you might want to
 put the modern name in brackets in the 260 or 264, particularly when the transcribed name is rather obscure, as in Dorpati Livonorum (=modern Tartu, Estonia]. The 752 field may not display in some systems, so some patrons may wonder how a place was published
 in Estonia if they can’t recognize the name on the title page.

Ted Gemberling
UAB Lister Hill Library