[DCRM-L] Proposal for new use of DCRM Appendix C

Fletcher, Jain jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 11 17:06:47 MDT 2013

Hi, everyone,
   I mentioned over a week ago that I would be sending my proposal about re-purposing Appendix C to include information about how each format's manual can be incorporated into the PCC's RDA BSR for monographs. I have finally finished that 3-p. document and it is attached. My actual proposal, with rationale, can be found on the first page. But in case anyone wanted a refresher about what the original Appendix C plan had been or the "history" of PCC "floor standards", I decided to give that info as well. (Incidentally,I included a link to the BSR for Rare Books final report from 2010, but if anyone wants the 1998 final report of the Rare Books Core standard TG or even the actual RB Core Std of 1999, you'll need to ask me for them--they are no longer available on the PCC archived documents site--as far as I can tell.)
   I think there is still much to decide about how we are going to be turning our DCRM guidelines into RDA compatibility/compliance (and what will be happening to the AACR2-compatible DCRMs), but that is another discussion that we should be having along the way. But for now, I think we may need to discuss this issue.  I will be very interested to see what people think.
                                                                        Thanks, Jain

Jain Fletcher
Principal Cataloger & Head, Cataloging Section
Collection Management Division
Library Special Collections
Young Research Library - UCLA Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
v: (310) 794-4096
f: (310) 206-1864
e: jfletchr at library.ucla.edu<mailto:jfletchr at library.ucla.edu>