[DCRM-L] FW: Collation confusion

Ted P Gemberling tgemberl at uab.edu
Thu May 2 15:56:52 MDT 2013

Part of what makes this case difficult is that if the first leaf of the index is a2, what was a1? It would be fairly easy to interpret the other leaves (imprimatur through preface) as pi1 a⁴.

I think it’s possible the title page could be a4, as Fulton seems to say in the collation, with the imprimatur a1 and the first page of the preface a2. But in that case, the preface would have to end with a5 rather than a4.

Thanks, Ted Gemberling