[DCRM-L] Oddity of bound with/signatures

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Aug 28 07:28:57 MDT 2014

I do a fair amount of searching in national library and national union
databases (usefully aggregated by the KVK), especially when a book is
relatively rare, or I'm just interested in how certain aspects of the book
are rendered in its own country--just as I use both the CERL Thesuarus and
VIAF for authority work relating to Continental authors.

I can't contribute records to anything but the WorldCat, and I routinely
enhance records from which I'm doing "copy"  cataloging and think that at
least one of the many "master" records ought to be made worth copying.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>