[DCRM-L] Form of citation - 510 field

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed Feb 19 12:43:31 MST 2014

Oksana,

Authors of bibliographies routinely refer to themselves as editors or compilers on the title page. But if you think about what they in fact did, they wrote the bibliography. That is, they are the author (a.k.a. creator in RDA terms). They are neither editing somebody else's work nor compiling a group of works by other persons. They are creating an original work (the bibliography).

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Ancient Languages and Special Collections Cataloger
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801)422-5568