[DCRM-L] Bound-with books and ContentDM

Amy Brown amyfbrown at utexas.edu
Tue Jul 15 11:17:37 MDT 2014

Hello all:

The Ransom Center is beginning to put some of our rare books online using
contentDM, and are curious how other institutions are approaching this.
Specifically, we are now trying to decide how to provide the best access to
bound-with materials. How are others handling this problem? It seems that we
could describe each bibliographic unit separately with its own digital
object, or describe the digital object as a whole, and try to represent the
relationships within the content DM record (keeping in mind that the title
field is not repeatable).

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Amy F. Brown