[DCRM-L] Title -- Date, name, number, etc., that varies from issue to issue (RDA 2.3.1.4)

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:56:40 MDT 2014

Thanks Nina and Bob.

As Bob says, I believe that the RDA approach (as found in 2.3.1.4, if applied to multipart monographs, and as proposed for 6.2) would have us render our DCRM(B) example as:

Thomas Masterson his ... booke of arithmeticke

(instead of)

Thomas Masterson his first[-second] booke of arithmeticke

Is the same approach applied to our other two examples from DCRM(B) as satisfactory?

[DCRM(B) Ex. 1]:  Quinti Horatii Flacci epistolarum liber primus[-secundus]

[RDA approach, Ex. 1]:  Quinti Horatii Flacci epistolarum liber ...
     [or?]       Quinti Horatii Flacci epistolarum ...

[DCRM(B) Ex. 3]:  Le premier[-quart] volume de messire Jehan Froissart lequel traicte des choses dignes de memoire aduenues tant es pays de France, Angleterre, Flanders, Espaigne que Escoce, et autres lieux circonuoisins

[RDA approach, Ex. 3]:  Le ... volume de messire Jehan Froissart lequel traicte des choses dignes de memoire aduenues tant es pays de France, Angleterre, Flanders, Espaigne que Escoce, et autres lieux circonuoisins

Francis