[DCRM-L] Shares citation but varies from PDF

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Mar 5 14:41:21 MST 2014

If one makes a new record--necessarily for the one edition that one has in
hand--what, if anything, should be done with the existing ambiguous record?
It still seems right to add a note, which warns the user that holdings
associated with the record have yet to be disambiguated, and a pointer to
the new record.

This is a case where environments matter: master records live in a
different world from records in individual catalogs. Really one ought to
create two new master records, one of which might have no holdings, looking
to that day in the future when all of the holdings from the old record will
at last be correctly parcelled out.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>