[DCRM-L] Catalog records for British Acts

Mon Nov 17 16:26:12 MST 2014

Hi Meghan,

Here's the Folger's cataloging policy on British and Irish government documents in case you find it helpful: http://folgerpedia.folger.edu/British_and_Irish_government_documents

You will see that we deliberately deviate from AACR2 and RDA in formulating uniform title, for reasons that I think make a lot of sense. Please feel free to look through Hamnet<http://www.hamnet.folger.edu/> for examples, but BE WARNED that there are a lot of legacy records that do not conform.

Best,
Deborah

Deborah J. Leslie | Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Meghan Constantinou
Sent: Monday, 17 November 2014 14:11
To: dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu
Subject: [DCRM-L] Catalog records for British Acts

Dear Colleagues,

I have to catalog a collection of 18 British Acts ranging in date from 1700 to 1932. I have no experience cataloging this type of resource. Can anyone point me to some model records in OCLC that I might use for assistance?

Thank you for your advice and suggestions,
Meghan

Meghan R. Constantinou, M.A., M.L.I.S.
Librarian
The Grolier Club