[DCRM-L] ALA Responses to RDA Revision proposals

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 2 19:34:15 MDT 2014

Dear all,

Thank you for your input on responses to RDA revision proposals. CC:DA
completed its formal review of proposals in September, and the ALA
Representative has submitted several responses to JSC.

In particular, I'd like to draw your attention to three ALA responses which
incorporate significant input from the DCRM community. In some cases, there
was a lack of consensus among CC:DA, but I believe our positions are well
represented overall. If you have any additional comments on these proposals
or responses, please let me know by the end of October, and I will pass it
on to our representatives before the JSC meets in early November.

6JSC/BL rep/1/ALA response (Simplification of 2.7-2.10/PPDM statements):

http://www.rda-jsc.org/docs/6JSC-BL-rep-1-ALA-response.pdf

6JSC/LC/30/ALA response (Works without titles), In particular, section on
treatment of manuscripts:

http://www.rda-jsc.org/docs/6JSC-LC-30-ALA-response.pdf

6JSC/TechnicalWG/3/ALA Response (High-level subject relationships/Citations
in RDA)

http://www.rda-jsc.org/docs/6JSC-TechnicalWG-3-ALA-response.pdf

A record of all DCRM comments and corresponding ALA responses is available
here:

http://dcrmrda.pbworks.com/w/page/82990804/CCDA%20and%20JSC%3A%20selected%20working%20docs

ALA responses to other proposals not commented on by DCRM are available
here: http://www.rda-jsc.org/workingnew.html

Matthew

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger