[DCRM-L] SAA survey on archival processing and cataloging policies

Dooley,Jackie dooleyj at oclc.org
Fri Oct 3 12:44:34 MDT 2014

Greetings--

SAA's Description Section (more or less equivalent to the RBMS Bib Standards Committee) has promulgated a survey to learn about staffing, policies, statistics, etc. relating to archival tech services work. The archivists in your institution may know about it, but since cataloging questions are included, and that activity may be conducted within your cataloging units, I thought it worth forwarding to this listserv.

Please forward to others in your institutions who may be interested in responding but are not in the listserv communications loop.

The initial communication from Gordon Daines at BYU, who chairs the Description Section, is below.

Best wishes, Jackie

--
Jackie Dooley
Program Officer, OCLC Research