[DCRM-L] Discontinuation of OCLC's institutional records program

Ted P Gemberling tgemberl at uab.edu
Sun Apr 12 16:21:25 MDT 2015

Sorry to be late in coming to this discussion. I agree that Karen’s post is worrisome. I think Bob might be overly generous in interpreting it as not reflecting her own views.

I understand OCLC doesn’t dedup records for books before 1801. Would it be possible to ask them not to dedup any records coded DCRM, so as to protect information in records such as OCLC #1687316 (dated 1828)?

Ted Gemberling