[DCRM-L] Folded leaf in a statement of extent

Will Evans evans at bostonathenaeum.org
Mon Aug 10 13:15:52 MDT 2015

The recent discussion on double leaves has me second guessing how a feature
I often encounter in artist books is represented in the statement of
extent, namely a sizable leaf, folded accordion style.

I’m working on such an artist book that has pages of letterpress as well as
one long leaf folded several times. The recto contains several images, and
the verso contains one, continuous image. I have in the past entered the
information in the following manner:

[32] p., [15] p. of plates : ǂb ill. ports. ; ǂc 29 cm

Followed by a note:

Pages of plates consist of one leaf, folded accordion style, with fourteen
portraits on the recto and a single image on the verso.

I’m a correct here?

Best,

Will

Will Evans