[DCRM-L] Review of RDA proposals: Week 2

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 11 13:04:22 MDT 2015

Hello all,

Thank you for your insightful comments on the RDA proposals so far!
Additional comments are still encouraged through Thursday. Next week's
batch has a lot more to digest, including four with potentially significant
rare materials implications, so I'm posting them now to give you a head
start. But the good news is, that's the last of them!

*Your feedback is especially valuable on these four proposals by* *THURSDAY,
AUGUST 20:*

1.
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-LC-32.pdf>
6JSC/LC/32: Revision to instructions for devised titles in RDA 2.3.2.11
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-LC-32.pdf>
This proposal seeks to provide greater flexibility for devising titles
proper for manuscripts, ephemera, choreographic works, art, collections,
etc.

2.
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-BL-rep-2.pdf>
6JSC/BL rep/2 Simplification of RDA 2.7-2.10
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-BL-rep-2.pdf>
6JSC/BL rep/2/Appendix
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-BL-rep-2-Appendix-B.pdf>Simplification
of RDA 2.7-2.10. Follow up/Appendix B
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-BL-rep-2-Appendix-B.pdf>
This proposal and appendix are a follow-up to the much-discussed 6JSC/BL
rep/1 <http://rda-jsc.org/6JSC/BL%20rep/1> from last year, which proposed
significant changes to instructions for
production/publication/distribution/manufacture (PPDM) statements; among
other changes, the follow-up now treats production statements separately
(see following proposal).

3.
6JSC/BL/26: 2.7 Production statement: Changing method of recording
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-BL-26.pdf>
This related proposal treats production statements separately from
publication/distribution/manufacture statements, and regards recording of
production elements for unpublished and non-self-describing resources.

4.
6JSC/CCC/18/rev Recording numbering for a series (2.12.9.3)
<http://www.rda-jsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-CCC-18-rev.pdf>
This proposal recommends a change from transcription to recording numbering
for series, so as to be more consistent with numbering of serials

*Please share your comments on the DCRM-L list or send them directly to me
at matthew.haugen at columbia.edu <matthew.haugen at columbia.edu>*
The remaining proposals to be considered by CC:DA over the next few weeks
seem to be out of scope for DCRM, so I won't be nagging the list any
further, but I'm still happy to post any comments to the CC:DA blog on your
behalf. You can access all of the current proposals here:
http://rda-jsc.org/newjscdocs

Thanks again!

Matt

Matthew C. Haugen