[DCRM-L] Deletion of copy-specific fields/data from OCLC master?

Ted P Gemberling tgemberl at uab.edu
Wed Dec 16 15:07:58 MST 2015

Jane,
I didn’t really mean to say you were doing research on the author. I just meant that if you included that note, you were apparently trying to help researchers on the author. That’s an honorable effort. I just wonder if it’s sustainable in the long run, especially given the amount of local information people could put on records. Right now I’m cataloging a book from 1737 with a record with 53 holdings. If every library put local notes on, the record would be a mess. But as Allison says, maybe there’s some way to improve the display mechanisms.

Ted