[DCRM-L] Double leaves

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 16:03:12 MDT 2015

The DCRM(C) editors decided extra guidance was needed based on feedback at
the public hearing on DCRM(C) held at ALA 2013. One of the attendees said
the difference between double leaves and double plates had always been an
area of confusion for catalogers at their institution (presumably because
the word "double" appears in both terms). We aren't recommending that
either term go into the 300 field, but we are providing glossary
definitions for the two terms, using them in instructions when useful for
purposes of clarification, and including examples in which the terms are
present in notes*. *Of course, you don't have to use the term "double
plate" in notes, you are free to explain the situation in whatever way
makes sense to you (or according to your institution's local practice).

Manon