[DCRM-L] Rare book question

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Jun 11 07:50:57 MDT 2015

Treating it as a collection will obviate the situation in which you claim
to have a copy of a book when you actually have only a fragment of it.
Without access to your local record, one might have every reason to believe
that your copy is complete.

If you add an access point for the expression manifested by the book, then
it's possible to find your fragment in a unique record that describes it
and the other materials in the collection accurately, without adding mere
grit to the granularity of the larger database.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>