[DCRM-L] "Slips for Librarians to paste on Catalogue Cards"

Laurence S. Creider lcreider at lib.nmsu.edu
Thu Mar 5 13:11:31 MST 2015

Another article worth taking a look at, including its notes, is Barbara
Tillett's, "Catalog It Once for all: a History of Cooperative Cataloging
in the United States Prior to 1967 (Before MARC). Cataloging and
Classification Quarterly 17, nos. 3/4 (1993): 3-38.

There is a longer discussion of the issue of cooperative cataloging, with
a detailed explanation of Benjamin Jowett's scheme, but I do not have the
citation to hand.

Didn't H W Wilson issue card sets with its books or make them available
with its books well into the mid-20th century or later?  Not quite the
same thing as inserting a leaf, but not all that far distant, either.

Larry
--
Laurence S. Creider
Head, Archives and Special Collections Dept.
lcreider at lib.nmsu.edu