[DCRM-L] Discontinuation of OCLC's institutional records program

JOHN LANCASTER jjlancaster at me.com
Wed Mar 25 12:55:28 MDT 2015

No doubt pie-in-the-sky, at least for the moment, but I've long envisioned something like VIAF for bibliographic records.  A web crawler/indexer tuned to library catalogues.  Not much use when there are a thousand copies, but for much of what we deal with, could be manageable.  (I don't look to OCLC to create it though.)  At least, that's the sort of thing I hope for as I create detailed records.

John Lancaster