[DCRM-L] item-specific notes: RDA 2.21 and 3.22

Young, Stephen stephen.young at yale.edu
Tue May 5 12:52:22 MDT 2015

AMEN!

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Noble, Richard
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 12:51 PM
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] item-specific notes: RDA 2.21 and 3.22

With regard to local record construction, what difference does any of this actually make? What is the point of minute prescription? The pointillist incoherence that I often see as a result of over-adherence to rules regarding distribution of information and note order can at least be avoided in local notes if one focuses on telling the story.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br<mailto:RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__own.edu&d=AwMFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=bnQ2ajId5bW6cp72xwjzxOPp5hqgE4w7CO7mVrr9x0A&m=1Iyv4a8i8T48QFvBa90TFmUes0WLrIHg917nywElKe0&s=Jc-fk4_S96qHNh3riMrR0oUWUuYkU1cCY8tts98E-so&e=>>