[DCRM-L] OCLC's IR webinar (May 13)

Holly Phelps HPhelps at librarycompany.org
Thu May 14 09:47:10 MDT 2015

I get a monthly statistical report from OCLC. We average about 950 IR searches every month. We’re a small library. I don’t think that 11,400 IR searches per year is insignificant. If they send me monthly statistical reports, they have access to the same statistics. The dataset they cited in the webinar is seriously flawed. That said, I do not expect OCLC to yield to pressure or appeals.

Is Worldshare Record Manager as clunky as I remember it? Is there no hope that Connexion or something like it will be kept? This was not addressed in the webinar I heard.

Also not addressed was the price structure.

Holly Phelps
Chief of Cataloging
Library Company of Philadelphia