[DCRM-L] Newspaper press as printer

Kaelin Rasmussen rasmussen at bostonathenaeum.org
Thu Nov 5 08:02:48 MST 2015

Hello all:

I am cataloging in DCRM(B) a guidebook to Salem, Massachusetts, published
by Henry P. Ives in 1880, and I am seeking guidance on handling a tracing
for the printer.

The printer's statement on the verso of the title-page reads: "Press of the
Salem Gazette."  Would one consider the newspaper to be the printer?  If
so, would it be appropriate to use the title in a 730 as an access point?
Or is there some other convention in place for a case like this?

The printer of the newspaper at that time does not appear to be named in
OCLC.

Thank you,

Kaelin Rasmussen

--