[DCRM-L] Sammelbands

Cawelti, Andrea cawelti at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 10 09:23:04 MST 2015

Greetings, O Collective Wisdom, a question about the genre term of "Sammelbands": the scope note ("Use for separately-produced works bound together for the owner during the medieval or early modern period") limits the term to the "early modern period."  Do we have a consensus about the end of this period?  Does it go through the long 18th cen., or do we generally agree on 1800 as an ending date?  Pre-French Revolution?  Grateful thanks for any musings,
andrea
--
(Ms.) Andrea Cawelti
Ward Music Cataloger