[DCRM-L] rbpri format terms, was: Recording mixed formats per DCRM(B) 5D1.3

Ted P Gemberling tgemberl at uab.edu
Tue Nov 24 11:04:35 MST 2015

Honor,
I only put the rbpri terms on our local copy of a record. I do that just because other libraries may not want them. Also, I notice some libraries add things like subfields z and y to the 655, which we don’t use here. I suppose I could easily remove them from our copy.

I suppose putting them on would save some libraries time and cost other libraries a very small amount of time—about a second. On balance, maybe it is better to put them on.

Another anxiety I have about putting them on master records is that our copy of the rbpri list may not be the most updated (it dates from 1986). I imagine there might be a more updated version online.

Ted Gemberling
UAB Lister Hill Library