[DCRM-L] Unidentified signature symbol

Linde B. linde.brocato at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:27:04 MDT 2015

that's one early form of the pilcrow, or calderón in Spanish, or paragraph
mark, as the person identified it.

>From the 1534 *Copilación de todas las obras del famosissimo poeta Juan de
Mena* (Sevilla: Juan de Varela):

*​ *

Best,

Linde M. Brocato

--

Every sin is an attempt to fly from emptiness.

--Simone Weil, philosopher, mystic, activist (1909-1943)

The problem is not that we live in a world of Hobbesian states; it is that
we live in a world of failed Hobbesian states.
--Corey Robin

. . . The world really is divvied up into “brute fact” and “social fact,”
just as philosopher John Searle says it is, but the distinction *between*
brute fact and social fact is itself a social fact, not a brute fact, which
is why the history of science is so interesting.
--Michael Berubé

Don't sell your soul to buy peanuts for the monkeys.
--Dorothy Salisbury Davis