[DCRM-L] SCF - citing online resources

Ann K.D. Myers akdmyers at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 14 11:02:34 MDT 2015

I have reworded the instructions for entry numbers to try to clarify as Richard suggests:

Include the term “entry” before the entry number only if needed or desired for clarity. Another term may be used if it seems more appropriate to the resource in question. A number standing alone is understood to indicate an entry.

And yes, the instructions to include a term for page, volume, etc. numbers remain unchanged. Please see the Numeration section of our Working Principles: http://rbms.info/scf/working-principles/ The General Guidelines address the identification of page numbers, while the Works with Numbered Entries section addresses the now not-required use of the term "entry".

It was not at all our intention to make the 510 $c exempt from RDA spellings out. Page numbers should be indicated with the word "page", volumes with "volume", etc. Richard, I looked through our examples in the Working Principles and did not spot any uses of p., but I may have missed them. Would you mind sending them to us through the "Contact Us" link, or just email me directly? I'd definitely like to correct them to prevent confusion.

Thanks again,

--Ann Myers

Ann K.D. Myers

Rare Books Cataloger

Stanford University Libraries

Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives

425 Broadway, Suite 200

Redwood City, CA 94063

650-723-0123

akdmyers at stanford.edu