[DCRM-L] OCLC & Rare Materials Cataloging

Pearson, Audrey audrey.pearson at yale.edu
Mon Oct 19 13:21:56 MDT 2015

Good afternoon,
On behalf of the RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee, Allison Rich (Brown University), Asheleigh Folsom (Georgetown University), and Audrey Pearson (Yale University) are exploring ways to help OCLC understand the need to share local and copy-specific information in WorldCat.

We created a brief survey so we can provide feedback to OCLC on this topic with the help of the rare materials community.  The link to the survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G63TSLS<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_r_G63TSLS&d=AwMFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=6n5a8966Grm-eyvHPjKQAfrnrY1uREU0tmeF9Nuk8H8&m=F6sMjQgiyAT5On4XoELK6z6uccCSJg-Au8o9Z1Gc_OU&s=8VVGlZr8M84gCOwGHVeFAXj5CwgFIvF-n540JH_xhmg&e=>
The survey will close on Friday, November 13, 2015.

Thank you for your time!  We look forward to reading your comments/thoughts/suggestions.
All the best,

Allison, Asheleigh, and Audrey

Audrey Pearson
Catalog/Metadata Librarian
Yale University Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
P.O. Box 208330
New Haven, CT 06520-8330
203-432-1702
audrey.pearson at yale.edu<mailto:audrey.pearson at yale.edu>

The Beinecke Library's building is closed for renovation until September 2016.  We have opened a temporary reading room in Sterling Memorial Library, but access to some collections may be limited during the renovation. For more information, visit our renovation website<http://beineckelibraryrenovation.yale.edu/>.

Please note: The Beinecke Library will close completely during the month of August 2016 as staff and collections are relocated to the building at 121 Wall Street in preparation for our reopening in September 2016.