[DCRM-L] 510 citation form for record in British Library online catalog

Karen Attar Karen.Attar at london.ac.uk
Tue Sep 22 02:13:01 MDT 2015

I’d say “Main catalogue” for the British Library, as being clearer for anyone coming from the outside. But best to get an opinion from somebody at the BL.

Concerning the working principles, expansion of citation forms is on the whole welcome: references to book titles could be very cryptic before. But is there an argument for keeping “ESTC” as “ESTC”, given that the term is concise, clear, very well known, and widely cited? (Ditto STC and Wing.) And can we not treat the word “entry” as a given?

Best wishes,
Karen

Dr Karen Attar
Rare Books Librarian
Senate House Library, University of London
Senate House
Malet St
London
WC1E 7HU
Tel. 020 7862 8472
http://research.sas.ac.uk/search/fellow/516/dr-karen-attar/

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales. We are committed to achieving a 20% cut in emissions from University buildings by 2015. Please think before you print