[DCRM-L] Position announcement

Lauren Reno lauren.reno at duke.edu
Thu Sep 24 08:02:10 MDT 2015

Duke University, Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library - Head, Rubenstein Library Technical Services

Duke University's David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library seeks an experienced, creative, and collaborative archivist or librarian to lead its Technical Services Department.  The Rubenstein Library holds more than 375,000 rare books and over 10 miles of manuscript and archival collections, including the university's archives. We have particular depth in African American history, women's history, advertising, human rights, the history of medicine, documentary photography and film, southern history, literature, and economics. Our collections are global in scope and include materials in a variety of languages, including Ottoman Turkish and Haitian Kreyol. We hold a wide range of formats, including papyrus fragments and Coptic scrolls; early manuscripts; photographic negatives, transparencies, prints, and digital files; analog and digital audiovisual recordings; works of art; ephemera; realia; and electronic records. The Rubenstein Library's Technical Services Department (15 FTE) is an early adopter of new technologies and standards (including ArchivesSpace, Bitcurator, Hydra, and OLE) and works closely with colleagues from across the Duke Libraries to integrate descriptive systems and develop innovative digital access. As a member of the Management Team, the Head of Technical Services helps set policies, priorities, and goals for all of the Rubenstein Library.

For more information about the Rubenstein Library's collections and programs, please visit http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/

For complete description, qualifications and to apply, please visit http://library.duke.edu/about/jobs/headrlts

Lauren Reno
Head, Rare Materials Cataloging Section
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library | Duke University
lauren.reno at duke.edu<mailto:lauren.reno at duke.edu>
919-660-5832