[DCRM-L] Genre for a manuscript

Matthew C. Haugen mch2167 at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 4 16:07:50 MST 2016

The Art and Architecture Thesaurus has the term Manuscripts so you could
record the genre term 655_7 Manuscripts $2 aat

See also the Subject Heading Manual H-1855
https://www.loc.gov/aba/publications/FreeSHM/H1855.pdf
Which specifies headings qualified by language which are established in
LCSH; in your case: Manuscripts, English.

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger
102 Butler Library
Columbia University Libraries