[DCRM-L] field 752 discussion paper

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue Feb 16 11:36:26 MST 2016

In November, members of this list discussed the idea of adding subfield $e (or subfield $4) to MARC field 752, in order to specify the relationship between the place and the described materials.

Please find attached a draft of the discussion paper that I will submit to the MARC Advisory Committee, for review at Annual this year. If the paper meets MAC approval, it will be submitted as a revision proposal in the next cycle.

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
Francis

Francis Lapka  *  Catalog Librarian
Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts
Yale Center for British Art
203.432.9672  *  francis.lapka at yale.edu<mailto:francis.lapka at yale.edu>

YALE CENTER FOR BRITISH ART REOPENS
The Center will reopen<http://britishart.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Exhibition%20Press%20Releases/Overview%20Press%20Release%281%29.pdf> on May 11, 2016.

BUILDING CONSERVATION PROJECT
The Center is currently closed for building conservation<http://bit.ly/1qAAcGv>. Please e-mail the Reference Library<mailto:ycba.reference at yale.edu> and the Study Room<mailto:ycba.studyroom at yale.edu> to request special appointments, which will be accommodated on a limited basis, contingent upon the construction schedule.