[DCRM-L] New RDA records for Graphic Materials

Robinson Alice alice.robinson at zb.uzh.ch
Thu Jan 14 09:33:57 MST 2016

Dear all,

Further to Edinburgh discussions (RDA and Rare Materials Seminar) last November, I am enclosing (for those souls who are interested) one of our first new catalogue entries for VM in RDA.  I recommend looking at the MARC version in the catalogue.

http://opac.nebis.ch/F/?local_base=NEBIS&CON_LNG=GER&func=find-b&find_code=SYS&request=010577174

We switched to RDA 4 days ago and are managing to get through the week with some of our sanity intact. The German-language GND is a sensational database of authority data for all subjects (see 6xx fields) but is itself groaning under the weight of 12 Million+ entries, some of which urgently require merging together and revision generally. . Our work also entails entering new terms directly into the GND and uploading the metadata and TIFs on to the platforms www.e-manuscripta.ch<http://www.e-manuscripta.ch> and www.e-rara.ch<http://www.e-rara.ch>

Hope all got off to a positive start to the new year. I follow the discussions on DCRM-L with great interest, so thanks!

Best regards from Zürich,
Alice

Alice Robinson B.Lib.MA
Stv. Leiterin Graphische Sammlung und Fotoarchiv

Zentralbibliothek Zürich
Zähringerplatz 6
CH-8001 Zürich
Tel.: +41 44 268 31 69