[DCRM-L] 32mo?

Tue Jan 19 11:32:02 MST 2016

What is the book? What is the width?

Deborah J. Leslie | Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu | orcid.org/0000-0001-5848-5467

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Schneider, Nina
Sent: Thursday, 14 January 2016 13:42
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: [DCRM-L] 32mo?

Hi all,

I have a 1644 publication, printed in Paris, measuring 11 cm, gathered in 8's and 4's with horizontal chain-lines and a watermark on the fore edge. Normally, I would call this a 12mo, but the only other record for this title is from a batch-load owned by the BNF and they have it down as a 32mo. Bowers and Gaskell (and the internet) are not helping me right now. Could it really be a 32mo?

Thanks for any insight,

Nina

Nina M. Schneider
Rare Books Librarian
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library
2520 Cimarron Street
Los Angeles, CA  90018
(323) 731-8529

nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
http://www.clarklibrary.ucla.edu/

** Please note that the Clark Library is currently CLOSED for our seismic retrofit **