[DCRM-L] double plates vs. folded plate

Will Evans evans at bostonathenaeum.org
Mon Jun 6 10:49:37 MDT 2016

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I tried piecing to together some
understanding of these concepts from the DCRM archives, but I want to be
sure I’ve arrived at the correct conclusion.

If I have an unnumbered double plate (one image covering the entire side of
a sheet of which its verso is blank) bound down the center of the plate,
attached to a stub in the binding counts as:

[2] leaves of plates

But if an unnumbered folded plate (one image covering the entire side of a
sheet of which its verso is blank) is bound-in on one of its edges it is
counted as:

[1] folded leaf of plates

I this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Will

Will Evans

National Endowment for the Humanities

Chief Librarian in Charge of Technical Services

Library of the Boston Athenaeum

10 1/2 Beacon Street

Boston, MA   02108

Tel:  617-227-0270 ext. 243